Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Is is Professional if I ask for an Autograph??

You know those Saturday afternoons where you are supposed to be cleaning but where you end up perched on the couch watching a movie? Yes, you know, don't you? Well, that's how I saw Center Stage the first time (yes, I said first) in all of its girl-movie glory. It was like Cutting Edge or Ice Castles, or a little like Coyote Ugly, but with ballet, and I was hooked by the dancing, the melodrama, and the fact that the mean instructor was hot and rode a motorcycle.

My Saturday afternoon has come to life. I met the instructor, and yes, he does actually ride a motorcycle, although he's not mean and he didn't teach me any ballet moves (anyone who has ever witnessed me fall off a platform shoe or run into a wall in my own house knows that I am the vision of grace). For a Go Triad cover story, I got the chance to interview Ethan Stiefel, the actor and one of the best ballet dancers in the world who is now the dean of dance at the UNCSA.

Read my profile of him here and learn how he's changing the face of dance and pushing himself in the process. And for the record, no, I didn't get an autograph.

2 comments:

  1. you could have. ethan would have happily obliged (and without judgment, too).

    great article, by the by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! and thanks to both of you for being so gracious with the interview -- wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete