Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's Time

Although the fiction project is still a little kite floating in the market sky, it is time ...

Time for me to write another book proposal. Now, this did not come out of left field, as I have been batting around this idea for some time (in writer speak, that means mentioning it randomly to friends and family in the middle of a discussion about Christmas gifts, who had a baby or what was their favorite meal @ the Glass Onion). Still, having an idea and writing a proposal are two different things.

It has to be formal. It has to be informed. You have to know about the possible market competition, about the possible outlets for sales. It has to be organized (not like my verbal ramblings), and in short, I have to sell the idea.

Now, this is for another non-fiction book, and I'm pitching it to a new publisher. Although I've been down this road before, this is the place for me where the blank page is daunting. I haven't quite got up the courage to put something on that blank page, but I'm working up to it. I have saved the blank document in my book proposal file. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment