Saturday, September 15, 2012

I didn't know all I wanted was DIRT

It appears that I am late to the the party. And a locavore party, at that.

But nevertheless, I have finally made it, and I am positively giddy.

I don't know how I missed other issues until now, but I did. However, when I spied the latest edition of Dirt, Charleston City Paper's guide to local food, I opened it up and had an Alfafa moment ...

You know, Alfalfa from The Little Rascals?

How many goat cheese producers are on Johns Island?!

Yep, that's the expression. I couldn't even process it ... Look at all this great information! Wow, this is exactly what I would want! I want to read every article! I am going to keep this and mark off farms as I visit, etc! I mean ... this thing is perfect!

I have saved it for a treat to sit down with, to read slowly about the local food I love so much. It's not only good reading, it's a useful resource first and foremost, and where City Paper was already my go-to for restaurant gossip, it's now upped its food reporting into a class all of its own.

Get it, and get eating your local food. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment