Monday, November 10, 2008

I celebrate my Hometown

Jack Bacot and his great team at G Magazine finally gave me a chance I've been wanting for a long time -- the chance to write a travel article about Charlotte. Check it out in this month's G, accompanied by Brie Williams' excellent photography. 

It was wonderful to visit as a tourist rather than only scooting along 485 between Harrisburg and Monroe to visit the family. I got to wander aimlessly in stores, eat a wonderful fish taco and chat with gallery owners, all in the name of work! 

One of my favorite finds was Cafe Monte in Phillips Place across from Southpark. It has charming, charming decor and a great menu, especially the duck confit pizza (some of you know how much I love duck, especially those that might have been at a certain food photo shoot over the summer).  A former gallery space, it feels artsy, but the service is very warm and inviting. I will be back, Monte! 

2 comments:

  1. Great Charlotte article in G!! I see we had many of the exact same pics. ;) I'm in LOVE with the Lark & Key Gallery! Were you as impressed with the Ballentyne as I was?
    Anyway, miss you!! Glad to see you are getting work in great pubs. Has the novel eaten you alive yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super article you wrote! I always thought it would be fun to stay downtown and spend the weekend as a tourist.

    Thanks again for the great article!

    ReplyDelete