Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sad to see them go

As one who writes for magazines, I love reading them, looking at the layouts and, often, checking who is on the masthead. One of my recent favorites, Domino, published their last issue this month. I am sad.

I was definitely Domino's target, a woman (youngish) who is interested in good design in all aspects of life (Those of you that remember my bedazzled shirt, pipe down back there! Being interested is different than actually following through). The travel sections were always cool, I loved the room makeovers, and generally, I loved the writing style. But no more to my mailbox ...

We've been hearing a lot of the phrase "in these times" lately, but publications in general have always come and gone. Still, with the death of so many newspapers as well as the slicks, well, tis trying times indeed. Just wanted to mark the passing of another worthwhile publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment