Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Falling into fashion

Although my fashion is too often centered around my favorite sandals (read flip-flops), I do love a good heel, a good dress, and a good glass of bubbly.

I got all three of those this past Saturday lunch at Jasmine Porch's Fall Fashion with a Flair event. After writing about it in Charleston Scene, I was really looking forward to a great event, especially since my girlfriend Holly was riding shotgun.

What a way to spend a random Saturday afternoon. Models paraded around diners in between courses, and we all got to check out the beautiful styling, fit and details of some of the region's best designers. See how close we were to the "runway"?




Eden Boheme's show was (as always) a highlight, but the standout for me was Julie Wheat and Cavortress. As a vintage girl myself, I was in love with her pairing of new and old and her great eye for culling greatness out of something that can too often be an excuse for thrift store.

All in all, the looks, the women, and the mix of styles and accessories inspired me to go home and dig in my closet. Watch out, I may wear that vintage cowboy hat yet ...

No comments:

Post a Comment