Thursday, July 21, 2011

Digital Introduction

In this digital age, people talk a lot about losing connections. I hear that, but in reality, that hasn't been my personal experience in the digital world. I have editors who I've never met in person but know. We've corresponded more than pen pals in grade school, commiserated over hard-to-reach people or high res images that are obviously not high res. 

But the Internet has also introduced me to creative people that I would have never heard of otherwise (and I promise not in a stalker-ish way). Haven't you come across someone who quirks seem fun, who likes the things you like, or writes about/sings about/creates art about the things that interest you?

Meet Emily Wallace. Food writer. Folklore collector. Pimento cheese obsessive. And the winner of the best resume I have seen in a long time. It's not just that it's clever; the main goal of a resume format is to get you to read it. And I did, following the whole path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment