Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Eye Candy

You don't have to sew to love fabric. Texture, color and pattern is always a feast for the eyes, and fabric has that in spades. I remember sitting in my granny's sewing room many a time, cross-legged on the floor in front of her fabric cabinet. I would pull pieces out and smooth them against my knee. I had no project in mind -- I was simply feasting my eyes.

My sister and I still do that today. We had a "wild" Saturday night this past weekend in her sewing room, matching fabric, with our wine glasses sitting on the ironing board. She has a home decor company, Floradora, and so there's always fabrics coming in and coming out.

A selection of her eco-living for everyday napkins


In fact, I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and she's bringing me fabric, and a friend called from Florida yesterday and said a box of texture, color and pattern inspiration is on the way to my doorstep. Now you might not be as obsessive as me in this particular category, but then again, you might like a little beautiful place to rest your eyes today. If so, check out the shop section of Spoonflower and feast your eyes on custom-designed fabrics. And for you designers, imagine creating some of those jewels yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment