Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Little Food Trucks That Could

Diggity Doughnuts -- anyone for green curry doughnuts?

Food trucks are forming a loose, happy, and friendly army here in Charleston. They are sunny spots in my life, their decoration, their names, their food, and the friendly faces that pop out of a window. Variety is the name of the game here, including gourmet pops, BBQ, Geechee Lowcountry home cooking and crepes.

These are people that thought: I want to cook my own thing, my own way, and not be stuck in a kitchen.  Love that ingenuity, especially when the results are portable deliciousness! And today, the particular sunny spot was Diggity Doughnuts. Attention to detail is evident -- check out the happy teal color, the chalkboard of gourmet flavors, and even the sunflower vase next to the condiment rack.

Even if I decide to skip the food, the trucks make me smile on a happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment